Consultation fees are as follows
- Initial Consultation Private $200.00 (Medicare rebate $128.30)
- Each Subsequent Visit Private 100.00 (Medicare rebate $64.20)
- Payments can be made by cash or credit/debit card at the time of consultation; our staff are able to claim this back to Medicare for you.
- Pensioners and Health Care Card Holders qualify for a discounted fee at Beaumaris. All consultations in external consulting suites will be at full-fee; including Frankston Private.
- Patients with Overseas private health insurance will need to settle the account in full at the time of consultation.
- Patients choosing to see Dr Fisher in his private rooms before or after a public hospital visit will incur private consultation fees.
- NO GAP provider for procedures- Patients with current private health insurance will not receive a bill from Dr Fisher for in-patient or day surgery centre procedures.
Private vs Public Fees
Option provided to patients of having surgery in the private or public hospital systems
Public Hospital Treatment
In the public hospital the surgery is usually performed by a registrar (doctor training in surgery) but Dr Fisher will be supervising and responsible for your care.
There are no fees for surgery in the public hospital; however, there is a waiting list. Your position on waiting list will be based on the severity of your condition. Your follow up visits after surgery will be in the private office where you initially consulted with Dr Fisher.
You can be admitted as Dr Fisher’s private patient to a public hospital after consultation in the private office. No excess is payable on admissions to public hospital and Dr Fisher will personally perform your procedure.
Private Hospital Treatment
In the private system Dr Fisher will perform your procedure personally and will also look after you if you are admitted as in-patient. All follow up appointments will be in the private office.
There may be other charges from the anaesthetist, the hospital, radiology and pathology.
Depending on your level of cover some health funds also require you to pay an excess. Advanced Endoscopy is not responsible for these costs but our friendly staff will do their utmost to guide you in this difficult area.
You can also check with your health fund to see what is covered.
Please feel free to ask our administrative team any questions about our fees or your out of pocket expenses.